Monday, March 7, 2011
On to week 23!
We got a new car! Its been great to know we were doing what was great for the environment, however, I'm so thrilled to have another car. My first brand new car! We put the first 50 miles on it this weekend. It gets great gas mileage, so I was happy we could do what we can to be better to the environment. Its no prius, Mom, but it will do. Super cute, huh?
On to baby news! I realized I will more than likely never get a great night's sleep from here on out. Only being able sleep on my side is a stinker. One arm will go numb so I'll have to flop (yes, flop) to the other side. Lying on my back is no longer an option with the weight of the baby, and everything surrounding the baby, putting pressure on the major vein returning blood to my heart. I start to feel my heart beat in my head. Its awful. And obviously, lying on my stomach is no longer an option. Sleeping while sitting up straight may be in my near future.
And once the pregnancy is over, I'll be dealing with a newborn. So I've pretty much settled on the idea this weekend that sleep will just no longer be for me. Kind of depressing.
On top of all that, my gorgeous, amazing son was up all night last night kicking and dancing up a storm. It's not that it keeps me awake, I could easily sleep through it at this stage, but I don't want to miss a beat! I absolutely LOVE to feel him move around in there. I try to put my hand on where he last kicked, so I can feel him from the outside, just before he's on the complete opposite side kicking over there. Such a little mover.
I say this every day, "I can't wait to meet you, (insert his name here)."
Looking pregnant for sure these days. I had a lady at work this weekend come up to me and ask me when I was due. I told her I wasn't. I've always wanted to do that just to see the reaction I would get... it wasn't worth it. I thought she was going to cry. So I immediately said, "July 7th! Sorry, I shouldn't do that!" She said, "No, you really shouldn't." and walked away. Oops! I still laugh about it though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's my girl!! Making people cry when they ask about your baby. Why could I see myself doing the same exact thing. Congrats on the new car and for your 23 week anniversary! Love, you!
ReplyDelete