Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy, Healthy, and High Spirited!

We had our doctors appointment on Monday morning which I thought would have been a lot more productive than it was. He's not as ready as the doctor had initially thought. I really wish they would not say anything at all if they're not sure what they're talking about. So frustrating. She had initially told me she was going to try to get things going. I was so looking forward to it! But it was a huge disappointment when she said, we'll see you next week on our regular scheduled appointment. However, he's healthy, we're healthy, and therefore, we're happy! I'm very uncomfortable. He's still growing! I thought for sure he would be done! My skin has been stretched beyond its capacity. It's itchy and looks like it's been through a shredder. The stretch marks were something I was concerned about as soon as I found out I was pregnant. ( I LOVE a great 2-piece) So I started applying lotion twice daily immediately after I found out I was pregnant. It didn't do a thing! I haven't gained too much, the doctor says I'm right on track with weight gain. So I really just think some people get them, and some people don't. BUMMER on my end! But I look down at my belly and think how in the world could there NOT be marks from this monster! Its sooo big! Shouldn't have married such a tall man!

This week, my mom flew in on Tuesday. Its been so amazing having her here! Such great help. I kinda feel like a lazy bum with her vacuuming, cleaning, cooking, and running to the store. We've been going on long walks every morning before it gets too hot. That has actually made me feel pretty great during the day. Stiff and sore by the evening, but its worth it. We actually had a little fun and took some maternity pictures a couple nights ago. I'll share a few.




I love this one! Putting a heart on Neil's belly! He definitely did not get the sympothy weight memo!



They were all for fun, turned out kinda cute! A much better way of remembering this time rather than the pictures I take of myself in front of the bathroom mirror. He has definitely dropped. There is now space between my chest and belly, which hasn't been the case in many months.

Well, any day now! And more waiting....

No comments:

Post a Comment