Here are some videos of the race they did this last weekend. I was such a proud mama! Henry was so hesitant and scared to go. But he did it! He did so well! When it was longer than he thought he wanted to quit, but kept going anyways. And then there's Lil' Bill. He loves any type of physical activity. He was so excited to run this race! At just 2 1/2 yrs old, he wasn't old enough to actually register for the race. We sneaked him in, anyways. I just couldn't see anyone asking him to leave. He's too cute!!! :) He did awesome, too!
Monday, June 8, 2015
RUN, BOYS, RUN!!!
At the beginning of this year, Henry started to resist going to Stroller Strides with me. I absolutely LOVE Stroller Strides so I wasn't ready to say goodbye yet. With that, however came less frequent classes due to guilt. It wasn't until maybe a month ago or so I finally decided to stop my membership and join the YMCA. I miss working out with the boys. I miss them getting out of the stroller during our ab workout and exercising with me. I miss hearing them talk about bur-pees and planks throughout the day. The YMCA has a lot to offer, however, including, but not limited to daycare for the boys, great fitness classes, and a lot of programs with which I am looking forward to getting the boys involved. I've also found myself looking for other ways to include the boys in my workouts. I've been trying to run with them more often in the stroller. (Not an easy task with the climbing temps) I signed Henry up for his first fun run. (pics and video to follow). I'll try to do little things such as squats and push-ups around the house while they're playing. I just don't want them to think exercising is a chore, and I hope they see how much happier I am after I get in that workout. We can only be examples.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment