Last Tuesday we had our very last ultrasound! Next time we see him, he'll be out here with us! CRAZY! Its a good thing, though, as ultrasounds are the most expensive part of our appointments and the doc said everything was great! Everything has moved the way it should and the path is clear for him to make his way out! He's measuring about 2.5 lbs and 15 inches long! Long and skinny like his dad! The doc said he's not big at all! He's measuring exactly where he should be, if anything possibly a little small, but nothing to be concerned about! So that lady at work can shut her face! The reassurance feels so good! Last Friday I had the glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. So we should here back about that later this week. This pregnancy has been so great (knocking on wood as I type). I was telling Neil I am really going to miss it. That's when we actually did the math and realized we only have 11 more weeks til he's here! We're so excited all over again. Some friends of ours down here recently had a baby boy, about 4 or 5 weeks ago. We went to visit and got all giddy all over again! Their baby boy is ADORABLE and sooo little! We absolutely CANNOT WAIT for our little guy to get here!
This weekend was one of the best we've had yet this year! Friday night after work we headed to Durham for the home opener Bulls weekend! If anyone is thinking about visiting when the little guy gets here, try to do it a weekend the Durham Bulls are home. what a blast! We were thinking about getting season tickets this year or at least a package but with the baby coming, it didn't make much sense. But next year FOR SURE! A little one year old would LOVE this!
Saw a couple home runs for the home team. The bull smokes and lights up his angry eyes. The Bulls won and played really well!
And they shoot fireworks after every Friday night game...possibly Saturday night games too, but I'm not positive. The fireworks always blow mind. They are amazing! Bigger than the Bangor's 4th of July works for sure!
Saturday, I'm sure y'all heard on the world news, we had some terrible weather. There were numerous tornadoes that hit our area and quite a few people died. One of the really bad ones was just 5-10 minutes south of us in Holly Springs and Sanford. We had home insulation all over our neighborhood and lots of other debris, but we didn't really get much of anything besides wind, a little hail, lots of rain, and thunder. I actually was taking a nap during the worst of it. North Raleigh was hit pretty hard as well with a big tornado. My cousin in Fort Bragg (near Fayetteville, NC) said it got pretty scary there too.
All of this hit at around 3p. But as soon as it was over, it was over. At around 330p the three of us went for a nice long walk and enjoyed the smells of a storm and the fabulous sunny 75 degree weather. We really didn't even know how bad it was until both of our moms called us to ask if we were OK.
Saturday night we hung out and watched some movies and just relaxed. Sunday we went hiking through some trails in Cary. Another gorgeous day in the weather books. I'm getting tired a lot more quickly. A mile and a half is getting a lot harder the bigger I get. Neil laughs at me when I ask him to slow down. He laughs at me when he watches me get up too. I gotta kind of rock back and forth and use the momentum to pull myself up. I'm glad he's getting entertainment out of all of this. After the walk we sat out on the patio for hours and read our books and talked about what its going to be like with a little one. Such a great day! A great weekend!
Done with training at work and back to my old schedule which means days off to myself again! Things are going back to normal before they go to chaotic.
Have a great week everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment