Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sibling Rivalry

I realize most of you will roll your eyes, and possibly comment on what a fool I am for this story, but I don't care.

My fist baby is and always will be Baylen, our amazing 3 yr old maltiranian (pomeranian/maltise mix). He is such a cuddler and a part of our family. He has ran this house and received 100% of our attention since he came into our home at 6 weeks old. I had off today, so took the opportunity to spend some one on one time with him. We went on a long hike at the lake. He LOVES the lake. He'll go in as deep as he can without having to swim and just stand there. When he's cooled off enough he'll run as fast as he can to dry off. He loves going in and getting wet, but he hates being wet.

When we got home, he was exhausted! It's hot out today. I gave him a bath and we did our usual after bath time routine; I wrap him up in a towel (again, he hates being wet) and cuddle with him either on our bed or on the couch under a blanket to warm up. My mom will laugh at this because this is what she did with me after bath time when I was really little. I loved it! We usually lay there for 15 minutes or so before he gets bored. Today was different. His usual cuddle spot is in front of my stomach. Well, the space for Baylen to get comfortable is getting smaller and smaller. I really wish I had had our video camera ready for this because it was HILARIOUS! Baylen started by nudging his head in my belly, as if he was trying to get his brother out of the way so he could get closer to me. He did this several times before he gave up and just laid in front of my belly. This is when our little man yet to be named started kicking Baylen. No joke, probably 10-15 solid hard kicks right to Baylen's back. Baylen was startled at first, and looked at my belly like, "What the heck?!" And then they played. Baylen would nudge his head, and the baby would kick...over and over and over. Baylen was in full play mood, with his weird playful groans and growls. This went on for a good 20 minutes. I was crying from laughter!

It makes me so excited for them to meet! I know Baylen will be amazing with him!

1 comment:

  1. You're not a fool! That is probably one of the cutest stories I've ever heard!! Baylen is going to be so great with your guy. I just know it. And 11 weeks?! That is just crazy. How excited am I for the two of you?! Let's chat soon. I want to hear all the latest and greatest and chat about your upcoming shower. YAY :-D

    ReplyDelete