Friday, February 4, 2011

Spring is Almost Here!

Its February and I cannot believe it! 5 months from yesterday our little one is due to arrive! So much to do before he/she gets here, starting with hopefully next Wednesday finding out if he/she will be a "he" or "she"! Neil and I have a disagreements about this on a day to day basis, being he thinks we're having a boy, and I kinda think we're having a girl. So we'll see I guess..STAY TUNED!



Besides that, trying to plan for our baby's arrival is becoming a little overwhelming. I just put this into perspective this morning; I planned our wedding (one day, an 8 hour event) over the course of 15 months and we have only 9 months to prepare ourselves for an arrival of another human being into our home! Crazy, right? So what have we done? Can I be honest and say, "nothing"? If it weren't for my parents coming down a couple weeks ago, we would be in the exact same place we were before I was pregnant. My parents can take all the credit for the baby's room including crib, dresser, changing table, paint, and many many items of clothes.

I'm gonna go ahead and blame my job for my procrastination. It has been so crazy at work lately! I seriously hardly have time to get the laundry done. We've been holding around 550 calls since Monday...straight! What that means is 550 or so people have been waiting to get a hold of us since Monday. It let up a little bit yesterday, just to start again today with the weather in DFW. This entire winter has been miserable for the airline. But again, spring is almost here!

So what's next?
  • Researching and signing up for childbirth classes
  • Research birth plans. (I have no idea what's out there)
  • Must buy maternity clothes. Sweat pants and stretchy dresses are getting old. Craving some denim!
  • Catch up on my baby books! I'm still on week 4 in What to Expect When You're Expecting.
  • Talk to HR and discuss maternity leave and family leave. (I've already decided I wont be ready to go back after just six weeks)
  • Start planning the nursery (once we find out the sex of the baby)
  • Start interviewing pediatricians
  • Research photographers. I cannot wait for a pro to get this belly in the spotlight!

Just a few at the top of my list. Most importantly, figure out how we're gonna pay for all this. We just paid a big chunk of our clinic, lab, and doctor bills. It felt great to get that behind us, but knowing that's only a little less than half of what's ahead is a bit discouraging. Hence, the extra hours I've been putting in at work. It'll all work out though, I'm positive. I always tell Neil, "It has to work out. There aren't any other options!"

I love Calvin and Hobbes and always laugh out when I read them. This is today's on my homepage. Enjoy! And hope you're happy and have a great day!

http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2011/02/04/

1 comment:

  1. Remember all those times that you told me to just "breath?" Now it's your turn! You do make a very valid point about the wedding planning at 15 months versus baby planning at 9 months. Not sure if I have any advice on that one. My only comment would be to just do one thing on your to do list at time. You'll be making great progress before you know it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete