Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Am I fat, or pregnant?

Im definitely showing...in my mind, I can't fit into my jeans anymore. But I feel like people at work just kind of stare. Do they ask if I'm pregnant or do they keep their mouths shut to avoid a back hand?

17 weeks today. We did have an ultrasound a few weeks ago and have another one planned for a couple weeks away. I'll share our baby's first few pictures, along with my reaction to it all, which was an email I sent out to our mothers and close friends.



Here's the email:




The baby was so good! Jumping around, rolling over, and was sticking its toungue out at us. I couldn't begin to explain how happy, excited, and well....just frickin HAPPY I am. And I'm pretty sure I can go ahead and speak for Neil and say that he feels the same way!




This morning, we had our routine ultrasound appointment to check for down syndrome along with many other chromosome abnormalities. I, obviously, was nervous. Wondering why the doctor would make this 'routine'. What good is it going to do? How do you prepare for something like that? I would just rather not know, take what we're given, and count our blessings. What ever happens is God's Will, and know He would get us through it.




At the very beginning, I was STUNNED! He just held the jelly probe to the outside of my belly, and there was a BABY on the screen! A real BABY! It had a head, arms, torso, AND legs! I am very aware of how everything works, I mean I dont need a refresher on Health Class or anything, but to actually see it, right there in front of us, was...I cant even explain. He measured the fluid behind the neck...he said right away, "Its thin." (If the fluid space behind the neck is thick, they say there's a 80% of down syndrom). RELEIF #1. He took a profile pic of the head, and said, "You can see the nose." (In down syndrom babies, you cannot see the profile of a nose) RELEIF #2.




(I deleted some info from this area, you'll just have to stay tuned)




Either way, I promise you, sick or healthy; boy or girl; we will love this baby unconditionally, and whole heartedly. Just seeing the ultrasound, created a love I didnt know was possible. But having these assurances and clues to good news, is so great! Couldnt wait to get home and share with y'all!



Love you all sooo much! Hope you have a great holiday week and look forward to talking to each and everyone of you on Christmas!



MUAH!




No comments:

Post a Comment