It's been tough to blog, I have to say. We live a simple life...a great life...but a simple one. It seems we have so many friends and family that are doing so much, I kind of think to myself, who wants to read about us? But, what the heck, here it goes anyways... :)
Mark really treated us with the Key West experience; we went para sailing, jet skiing, we visited Ernest Hemingway's home, took a stroll or two down Duval Street, and just had a blast in the warm sun and enjoyed some family time.
In April, I enrolled in a class at our church here in Cary. It's called Digging Deeper. Its basically a bible study on crack. I loved it! I could ask all those questions I have been scared to ask for so many years. Our pastor really impresses me. He's our age, so that probably has a little bit to do with it, but he's so educated (which they all are, I'm sure), but he really brings it all into reality for me. The other pastors that I have had in WI are much more 'old school' if you will. This class was so great for me and I think Neil got a lot out of it as well for it brought up so many conversations between the two of us. I feel so much better about my relationship with God, and Neil's relationship with Him as well.
At the end of April, Baylen and I took a trip back home to good 'ole Wisco! We celebrated a great friend, Heather's birthday by surprising her (well, supposedly surprising her). I don't think she was the least bit taken off guard. We also celebrated my best friend's last night out as a single
woman! I helped plan Kristin's bachelorette party, which I have to say, was a huge success!
woman! I helped plan Kristin's bachelorette party, which I have to say, was a huge success! May was the month Kristin took the plunge! This involved another trip up to Wisco, but this time with both my boys. (Neil and Baylen). It was a great weekend, besides Mark's incident to the emergency room. (one of many to come). Mark was on his drive home from Chicago on Thursday night when he started having major stomach pains which the doctor's will later diagnose as diverticulitis. But a gorgeous and fun wedding it was!

Neil's friends Will and Josh made the trip down to Carolina in May as well. It was a boys weekend for sure which involved a lot of beer, a baseball game, ESPN nonstop on the television, and more beer. I should have went some where that weekend, but then who would've drove?
June was a little more low key, we spent many hours at the pool, hiking on the trails near our place, and taking it easy. My bestie, Amanda, and I kicked off the summer in DC at her fiance's mother's pool with many glasses of wine and who knows what else. Girls weekends are just the best.
July we moved! Thank goodness! Out of the teeny tiny camp ground site we were in. And into a brand new building with two bedrooms. We fit so much better here. It seems all of our friends are moving back to where they're from, so Neil and I were left to move on our own. I think it was 97 degrees and so humid. It was miserable, but so worth it.
August had its ups and downs. We were settling into our new place. My mom was gracious enough to make the trip down and help us paint. It was a great weekend, and our place looks amazing! So much more like a home. Our great friends Amanda and Jeff made the trip down here as well for a wedding they attended in Cary. Neil unfortunately and fortunately lost his job. It was obviously a shock, and left us wondering..."How in the world are we going to do this?" So we both got out there and searched and searched. I picked up a bar tending/serving job at a BBQ place just down the street from us. Neil was able to get a full time job at Nordstrom, and was able to ref volleyball games for the town of Cary a few nights a week. It was really an eye opener for us. I don't know why, and I am even a little embarrassed to say it, but for the longest time we were just getting by, waiting for our big break. And when Neil lost his job, it was like a slap in the face. We have to go out and get our Big Break ourselves. So there we were with at one point 5 jobs between the two of us...getting ahead! We were paying bills ahead of time, paying off our credit card debt, and able to go to a movie every now and then! That's when Neil got this job opportunity from a company called Netsertive. He actually applied for this position while he was employed with the other company.
September, I made another trip to Wisco to help my mom as much as I can and be there for Mark when he had his second surgery for his diverticulitis which went well...at first. We also celebrated our 1st anniversary, and with Neil's new opportunity at this great company we decided we were going to try to start a family. We decided we were never going to be completely ready, and wanted to wait no longer.
So that pretty much brings this up to date. I know that was probably awful to read, but I promise the rest of them wont be catching up, but rather updating.


No comments:
Post a Comment