Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Great Weekend with the Regets



It seems whenever my mom comes to visit, we put her to work. So glad we did! We painted the guest bedroom and started transforming it into a baby's room. We went with blue. If its a girl, I'll go heavy on the pink accents, but the color looks so good with the rest of our place. And while we were on a roll getting the baby's room together, we went and got started on the furniture as well. Crib, check. Changing table, check. Dresser, check. My parents are amazing! I don't know what I would do without them!




We'll put a rocker there in front of the window.








Super funny to see Neil's reaction to all of this. I could tell it just got real for him. His face would turn red, and he would ask tons of questions. His heart and stomach were fluttering a bit he said. He was also slamming the beers a little heavier. I cannot wait for this little one to arrive and see what a great dad he is going to be.



My family flew in on Thursday afternoon. We went to lunch and just hung out. I made lasagna for dinner. It was so great to have my parents and my brother sitting at our dinner table...in 55 degree weather ,I might add to all you Wisconsinites. :)



Friday morning, my mom was able to come with me on my 3rd doctor's appointment! What a blessing that was to have her with me. She was able to hear the heartbeat, and ask tons of questions, as a grandma would. We went to Lowe's after that and picked out paint, stopped at Walgreen's to get my flu shot, and headed back. Since I couldn't be a part of the painting project, Mark, Nick, and I went to the store to pick out a crib and dresser set. We went to lunch at the best BBQ restaurant in Apex (where I used to work), and waited 45 minutes for a car wash. We did all this to kill time so my mom could do the hard labor of painting the baby's room. Friday night, the boys put it all together and we relaxed to watch a movie.



Saturday, we went to Anna's for pizza (AMAZING!) We played Apples to Apples, and Sequence to bring an absolutely fabulous family weekend to an end. Took them to the airport at the crack of dawn this morning.



It it not getting easier at ALL to say good-bye! Why can't everyone just live here by us?! Trust me, I made my case a few times this weekend.

I swear my stomach doubled in size in the past two weeks. Can't feel the baby yet, but I'm definitely looking preggers!






No comments:

Post a Comment