We decided before we got married, before we were engaged, that we wanted to have a family. And to be honest, we named our first little girl probably only a few months into our relationship. Don't judge us! When you know, you just know. And to make this a little more clear, Neil asked me to marry him just a few months into our relationship as well. Well, not exactly, he said, " If I asked you to marry me right now, what would you say?" I basically said, "You're crazy, I'm not answering that."
So when we decided we wanted to start trying, we didn't get our hopes up. We've heard all of these crazy horrific stories of couples trying for years. Good people who deserve nothing less than great, not able to have children. So we were hoping for a pregnancy spring time. Boy, were we surprised when just a month later went by, we were, in fact, pregnant! I was at home alone with B when I took the test. All I wanted to do was call Neil, call my mom, call his mom, climb a mountain and scream it to the Smokies! I picked B up and squeezed him harder than I've ever squeezed him! Tears in my eyes thinking, "Is this really happening? We're doing this! We're having a baby!" If you don't know me that well, I like to be unique, and cutsie when I do anything out of the ordinary. So immediately, I was thinking I have to tell Neil in a really cute way! And what better way than to mimic his proposal. (He put the ring on B's collar). So I took a picture of the test, and printed it off from our printer. On the back of the pic, I wrote, "You are going to be an amazing father and I am so lucky to be carrying your baby." I put it in an envelope, on the envelope I wrote, "Dad, I'm going to be a big brother!" And I attached the envelope to Baylen's collar. And another thing about us...WE LOVE OUR DOG! He will always be our first baby!

He was obviously very excited!
Mandy! I just discovered your blog & this story brings tears of happiness to my eyes! What an adorable way to surprise Neil & I'm sooooo excited for your new addition to the fam!
ReplyDelete